What to know about Your DJ
Hiring the right DJ for your event is a big decision. Your DJ serves as the M.C. – Master of Ceremonies, as well as being the source of the right music to keep your party going and your guests dancing. When booking a DJ for your next event, there are a few questions you can ask before the event that can help ensure that you choose the right DJ!
- Do they have experience with your type of event? If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, you will want one who is familiar with the nuances of a wedding, not someone whose only experiences is with birthday parties.
- Do they have professional equipment? The equipment that a DJ has is the core of their business, and the ultimate sign of a professional. If the person you are considering hiring does not have the right equipment, it could have a significant impact on your event.
- Do they have the proper insurance? These days, many venues require vendors and DJs to have proof of insurance, and to have your DJ show up and not be able to perform would be devastating to your event. Best to work that out ahead of time.
- Does your DJ have a written contract? Having a contract is crucial to hiring any professional entertainment for any event. A contract is an agreement for services, and it should clearly spell out the agreed-upon terms.
- What is the DJ’s style? You will want a DJ whose style matches your event. For example, if your event is a family-oriented one that is more low-key, you will not want a DJ whose style is more club-oriented.
- How does the DJ handle special requests? It’s not unusual for partygoers to request a favorite song, and it is important to know up front if your DJ does not honor song requests.
Entertainment Unlimited has been filling dance floors and entertaining crowds in Pittsburgh and the Tri-State area, from large to small, at weddings, corporate events, private parties and more! We have a wide variety of top quality DJs and other entertainment acts, as well as Specialty Lighting, Photo Booths and more. With Entertainment Unlimited, your event will surely be one to remember – contact us today!