Getting Everyone Involved
Summertime means family reunion time! This is a great day or weekend that’s spent catching up extended family from nearby and out-of-town. Some groups like to sit and relax . . . and some like to keep active! In the Pittsburgh area, thousands of reunions are held each summer at parks and backyards. Here are some ideas to include everyone in your family reunion fun.
Same Old Reunion? Not With These Fun New Ideas!
- Proud of Your Heritage. Does your grandmother smile when she hears the Tarantella? Does your aunt start dancing as soon as she hears a polka? Hire a singer, a band, or a DJ who can sing or play your family’s favorite songs. An old-fashioned sing-a-long will bring a smile to grandma’s face while teaching the younger kids the music that their ancestors grew up on.
- Time for a Laugh. Bring lots of old pictures to your reunion to share . . . and then let a comedian take a look at them and give you his take. Someone who can riff on 70s’ fashions or bouffant hairdos will have your rolling in the aisles.
- Plan a Theme. Give your family reunion a real kick with a theme. Hawaiian, carnival, 60s, or 80s, and more will help to make your reunion the best one you’ve ever had. If Uncle Al volunteers for a dunk tank, or you teach your younger cousins the Electric Slide, you’ve got hours of entertainment right there!
- Photo Booth Fun. You know how everyone always says that you need to have more pictures of family? A photo booth will give you hundreds of pictures that you can keep, share, or put in a photo album to look at next year or decades from now. Bring some funny accessories and then strike a pose!
- Keep the Kids Busy. Bounce houses are a kid favorite, and they’ll bounce all day long. Rent a giant slide, an inflatable climbing mountain, or sumo wrestling inflatables. The kiddos will be tired out, and you’ll have some time to talk to your cousin from California.
- Game Time. Family-vs.-family games, like minute to win it, laser tag, and trivia questions are a great way to play with everyone at the reunion. You can split teams by age, family, gender, or have an adult vs. kid blow out!
Turn your family reunion into an unforgettable day with help from Pittsburgh’s Entertainment Unlimited. We have hundreds of acts that can be booked, dozens of games that you can rent, and much more. Call us today to learn what we can do for you.