Make Your Wedding Even More Unforgettable
Your wedding: It’s the most perfect and exciting day of your life! You want it to be memorable for you, your soon-to-be-spouse, and your guests. If you’re looking for a reception with something extra, try some of these suggestions for entertainment.
Wedding Reception Ideas That Are Sure to Please
Here’s a list of the most popular Pittsburgh wedding reception ideas in 2014:
- Photo Booth. Chances are, if you’ve been to a wedding reception in the past few years, you’ve seen a photo booth set up. Everyone loves to have their picture taken, and they love it even more when there are props, like hats, moustaches, boas, and large picture frames.
- Face painting. If lots of kids are going to be at your reception, you may want to consider an activity that will keep them busy too. A face painter for a casual outdoor wedding can paint full-face pirate or princess masks. Coupled with a photo booth, this is a great idea for little ones who love pretending.
- Comedian. Starting out your wedded days together with a comedian sounds unusual—but who doesn’t love to laugh? Booking a comedian who takes the time to get to know you, your family, and your friends will have plenty of material to bring to your reception and will be a great mid-reception act as everyone rests from dancing.
- Video Montage. Set up a picture montage of you and your spouse, showing pictures of when you first started dating, all of the way up to the last few days. It will give everyone something fun to look at while they’re waiting to eat dinner. You can also hire a videographer/photographer to capture all of those special moments during the reception: entering for the first time as bride and groom, your first dance together, and cutting the cake. Then, your videographer can create a DVD with video montages, graphics, and chapter markers. You can also have your wedding and reception streamed live if everyone can’t make it to your special day.
- DJ or Band. Your choice of music will make all the difference for your guests. Many couples want to book acts that are lively and who enjoy getting people out on the dance floor. You can choose a string quartet or harpist that plays classical music during dinner, and then switch to a DJ who keeps your guests dancing all night long, along with stage lighting and effects that will keep all eyes on you.
For top-notch entertainment at your Pittsburgh wedding reception, contact Entertainment Unlimited. We can book acts, activities, DJs, bands, comedians, videographers and more. On your wedding day, treat yourself to an unforgettable reception.