Need to Throw the Best Graduation Party?
Your child’s high school or college graduation party will probably be one of the biggest events you’ll host. Make it memorable with the entertainment that you pick and the food you serve.
The Key to an Effortless Graduation Party
- Leave It to the Pros. Whether you’ve invited 30 people in your family or 300 of your closest friends, you’ll want to be sure you have enough to feed everyone. And remember—if you’ve invited lots of your kids’ friends, they’ll eat a ton. It can be hard to judge just how much to make, even if you’re sure of your guest count. Hire a professional caterer to cook most of the food. They’ll help you plan a menu, bring the food, make sure that all the details are accounted for, and will come back later to clean up. It’s one less thing that you have to worry about on a day when you’ll be socializing.
- Keep Them Entertained. Most gradation parties are a mix of kids and adults. Set aside the usual cornhole and horseshoe competitions and go for something more interactive. Minute-to-win-it games are very popular, as are trivia contests, laser tag, video game walls, and virtual reality games.
- Music to Your Ears. Hire a DJ that isn’t just there for background music but is there to keep everyone dancing! Tell the DJ what you’d like to hear but remember that your graduate and his or her friends will probably have some requests too. A great DJ can get a party jumping with music from every decade.
- Party with a Theme. Does your graduate love theater and the arts? Maybe they’re a sports nut. Or they really love all things country. Use their interests to create an overall theme. Sports ideas include basketball hoops, quarterback toss, golf challenge, and ping pong. The theater lover and her friends will be lining up for karaoke. Also, consider hiring a country band and asking guests to line dance.
- Cookie Table Time. Who says that cookie tables are only a Pittsburgh tradition at weddings? Setting up a cookie table before the end of the evening will bring all your guests running.
Entertainment Unlimited can help you plan a college or high school graduation party that will make all of your guests happy. We can book acts and DJs, provide games and photo booths, and much more. Contact us today to learn more.